I don’t know what it is about having these adorable little guys in my life that just makes me get into the spirit of every holiday that comes around. When I say in the spirit I mean really in the spirit! I have never decorated for Valentines Day before and I found myself at Michael’s checking out all of the super cute things they have…my hubby’s gonna think I’m crazy (as if the shirts I got for everyone don’t give it away). Just kidding, I only got shirts for the boys ;0)
Anyways, I really wanted to send out Valentines Day Cards to the boys Grandparents and Great Grandparents as a simple little ‘I love you’ gesture. I looked for some ideas and saw some really great ones but then my creativity kicked into overdrive and I melded everything into one. This was my first attempt at making a homemade card and I had no idea how personally satisfying it was going to be!
- I had seen several pictures of hands pointing down to form a heart but ‘silly me’ I wanted mine to go up towards the sky in a more positive motion.
- I also wanted to use my babies hand print and my big boys footprint together.
- I painted the bottom of their hand and foot with paint for a more even application and held their hand/foot while they were sitting to get it into the correct position on the card before placement.
- After the paint dried, I lightly sketched a heart in pencil around the hand/foot and wrote ‘I love you from the tips of my fingers to the tips of my toes xoxo’ and repeated it until there was enough room to write their names at the end.
- I layered three contrasting rectangles of scrapbook paper with each layer larger than the first rectangle and glued them together with a nice even border. Then I stamped the date (February 14) in the middle, but any Valentines Day stamp will due just make sure there is enough room for the stamp on the first rectangle before cutting the rest
- After gluing the rectangles to the top of card and making sure everything is dry, I very gently erased the penciled in heart around the hand/foot and the Valentines Day Card is complete
This Valentines Day Card was made with the easy card making craft accessories which are available at Micheal’s or Hobby Lobby.
- preformed cards & envelopes
- scrapbook paper
- stamp pad & stamps
- glue stick
- latex paint & foam brush
- and one little hand and one little foot
This was a fun craft and keepsake to do with my boys. I hope you like and enjoy! Happy Valentines Day :0)
For more Valentine’s Day Crafts check this out 14 Valentine’s Day Crafts for the Little Ones