Hooray! You have been Nominated for the Sunshine Award!
My new friend Becca at Southern Mess Moms nominated me for the Sunshine Award and now I am nominating you! If you haven’t met Becca yet you should visit her site at www.southernmessmoms.com and check her out. She has really been welcoming to me in the blogging community and helped me to co-host the Pin Me Right Round 5 blog hop. I love her mommy motto…
“Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!”
Becca says, “I have come to realize and have learned to admit that I am not perfect, and neither is anyone else! I am a work in progress and that is perfectly acceptable!”
…I just love her
Now, back to the Sunshine Award. There are some rules or guidelines that need to be followed in order to accept it.
The rules for the Sunshine Award are:
- Acknowledge your nominating Blogger
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer your nominating Bloggers 11 questions they provided for you
- Pick 11 Bloggers to nominate for this award (you can not nominate the blogger who nominated you)
- Post 11 questions for those 11 Bloggers to answer for you
Hmmm…11 Random Facts about Me
- I have a degree in psychology but I color hair in a salon and I absolutely love it…
- I love being outdoors, any time of day, any kind of weather…
- I have an intense fear of anything that flies and stings, aka, bees or wasps…
- I’m more tom-boy than girly-girl but I’m still very dainty however that works out…
- I strongly dislike most shades of pink but I will still wear a very soft pink, sometimes…
- I love to laugh so hard that it brings me to my knees…
- I snort when I laugh…
- I love to sing with my boys…
- I can’t spell to save my life!!!
- I have always been optimistic but I haven’t always been joyful…
- I love all foods except foods with strange textures like yogurt, cottage cheese, and bananas
SouthernMessMoms 11 Questions
1. Do you clean everyday or is it more like, “Oh crap, we have people coming over!” and it’s a race to the finish line?
I clean everyday. I feel too chaotic and nervous if my house is not clean. I think it’s much easier to clean as you go.
2. Bra or no bra, that is the question?
Sports bra? I could go without…I’m built for speed (no wind resistance)
3. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done and are willing to admit to the blogging world?
I love to play pranks on my co-workers, we all get each other pretty good. One day I cut out a bunch of funny pictures and taped them over peoples drivers license pictures while they were working…it was rather amusing when they went to use their ids.
4. What is one thing you do or say that you probably shouldn’t?
I’m a perfectionist at everything I do to my own detriment. My wonderful hubby always tells me, “You don’t have to be perfect all the time”. I’m working on it.
5. You go to a restaurant, what drink do you order? Water, Soda, coffee, alcohol?
First water (I drink a ridiculous amount of water) then ice tea or if it’s a date night alcohol
6. You are in Walmart and see a mom in PJ pants with a baby only in a diaper…what do you do?
Try not to stare then push my judgy judgy feelings aside and hope they aren’t there for an emergency
7. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I have got to get one of the girls at work to do something with my hair!
8. Coffee or tea?
All my life I drank ice tea. Then I ventured into hot tea. After my second lil boy I live for coffee!
9. What is your favorite thing to blog about?
How to change your life with positive thinking. That life is filled with joy and possibilities and all you have to do is embrace it! Everyone deserves to hold their head high with confidence and feel their cheeks ache from with happiness…it’s within all of us we just have to discover it.
10. What’s in your purse/bag right now?
My purse doubles as a diaper bag so I usually don’t carry anything more than a wallet, keys, and phone. It’s funny how your diaper bag changes from baby 1 to baby 2. Now I just throw a diaper, some cars, goldfish, and water in my bag and go.
11. Most embarrassing thing you have ever had happen that you are willing to share!
My intense fear of bees and wasps has lead me to sporadic bouts of running and high pitched squeals (squeals like a puppy). I’ve even started telling people that I’m allergic because my phobia is so ridiculous and unfounded…I’ve never even been stung. I think that’s half the problem. I’m convinced that when I do get stung, when that fateful day occurs, I will go into anaphylactic shock and have to be airlifted to the closest hospital (an ambulance wouldn’t be fast enough, I don’t know why) where they would have to resuscitate me after I had gone toward the light. Yeah…that’s pretty irrational and embarrassing!
11 Questions for My Nominees
- If there was a movie you could live in (or would want to be your life) what would it be?
- What song or band do you listen to right now to get you excited for the day?
- What age do you feel like you are in your heart?
- What story does your family always tell about you?
- Do you have any strange phobias?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What is the funniest thing you have heard a child say?
- What is the silliest thing you have ever done?
- Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods?
- What is usually your first thought when you wake up?
- What is your favorite thing to blog about?
My Fabulous 11 Nominees
- All My Happy Endings
- Questionable Choices in Parenting
- Make Your Own Damn Dinner
- The Dose of Reality
- Vicki O’Dell The Creative Goddess
- A Dish of Daily Life
- Play. Party. Pin.
- Simple. Home. Blessings.
- The Anonymous Blonde
Please reply below after you have completed your Sunshine Award. It will be fun to learn more about each other and see how everyone answers these questions!